Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Yes! Quality Matters

Hallo Friends,

I am not stating anything new when I say that quality matters in your product as well as the mode of living.

Yeah! It does….It always has!

It is true that high levels of quality are essential to achieve Company business objectives. Quality, a source of competitive advantage, should remain a hallmark of Company products and services. High quality is not an added value; it is an essential basic requirement.
Quality does not only relate solely to the end products and services a Company provides but also relates to the way the Company employees do their job and the work processes they follow to produce products or services. The work processes should be as efficient as possible and continually improving. 

Company employees constitute the most important resource for improving quality. Each employee in all organizational units is responsible for ensuring that their work processes are efficient and continually improving.

Apart from Customer, the end user experience is important to us and should be to you. The value you provide in our products matters since it’s not only an investment in our future as a credible process owner, it’s an investment of time for our customer. 

Getting demand for dispatches today isn’t worth the cost if our customer quickly realizes that you are not in it to help them – that our intent was selfish – and they are gone as quickly as they came.

Ultimately, everyone in the Company is responsible for the quality of its products and services.

I know that there are many disadvantages of being QA personnel in a company. Like you are not everyone's favorite person in the world and I find it hard sometimes to start a conversation with someone. They kind of respond as if you are a teacher at school. They keep it short and simple.

Moreover, making people mad when you find a little mistake that the employee thinks is ok. When you find a problem, the employee is put on the spot. They all want to get their numbers. When you stop production, you will have some angry coworkers.

It is the proven truth that you really have no one to go to for help or a problem. The supervisor on the floor will answer questions but you have to remember they are more worried about production than stopping it for a minor problem as well. You can make their job a little bit more stressful, which they hate.

If something goes wrong or a mistake slips through. Who is the first person they are going to look at, the QA. You will most likely be held responsible for a major mistake in production.

My personal experience as a Quality Assurance; I have to say it has been a great experience. I spend a lot of time alone so this has been a great opportunity to work on my social skills. This job has pushed me to be more confident and to take authority. You have to be able to put your fist down in this job. My colleagues have been a lot of fun to work with and we all kind of stick together, it is like being a part of a team and we all got each other’s back. 

I have a lot of fun smiling and interacting with the employees trying to make them feel comfortable around me. The pay is a little slim but, I have to say I really like my job. It has been a great experience and I always love learning something new. I have just added another stat to my resume which is always a plus. Be optimistic and make the best out of what you have. Having that attitude at any job will make you feel better about what you are doing.

Now, I am currently trying to be a QA personnel that everyone likes. What about you?

No comments: