Before going towards QUALITY MANAGEMENT we have to clear one thing here; i.e. nothing but What is the MANAGEMENT of an organization?
In simple words, MANAGEMENT is about organizing, controlling and directing resources for achieving objectives. QUALITY MANAGEMENT is not a stand-alone activity, it is a part of the overall management.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT (ISO 9000:2000) is defined as :
"co-ordinated activities to direct and control an organization with regards to quality"
The QUALITY MANAGEMENT is indivisible from the overall management function. It does not need to be underlined therefore that the quality system has to be threaded into the fabric of the overall management system.
When we talk about about MANAGEMENT we talk about LEADERSHIP. Effective leadership is not an easy task, and it requires all-inclusive knowledge of the theory of management, psychology (the science of mental life), sociology (the study and classification of human societies), anthropology (the social science that studies the origins and social relationships of human beings), etc.
With regret there are too many managers, who believe in managing by the stick. It is a rude and very ineffective approach path.
In the 6th Century BC the CHINESE PHILOSOPHER - LAO TSE Said :
"There are the leaders who are loved and the leaders that are feared by their people, but the best leaders are those, whose existence people do not even suspect. When the best leader finishes his task, people say : we did it all ourselves."
In fact, effective leadership can only be based on assuring people's participation. It requires communicating and motivating people to act as is desired by the management. The management needs first of all to communicate, to explain to the people the goals and objectives of the organization. Staff will only participate if they understand these management policies. You certainly can not expect co-operation from the people who do not understand what's going on. It is a simple truth but so often forgotten.
Effective motivation of people for desired behavior requires deep knowledge of psychology and an understanding of human needs. It is providing individuals and groups with the opportunity to satisfy their needs whilst behaving and performing in a desired manner that motivates for the desired performance. And it is not only about extra money. Factors such as appreciation, pride, self-esteem are much more powerful than a sum of money.
Guys, what you say ???
Related Links :
01. Do You Know About QCFI?
02. QCFI and its Contribution to Quality Circle Movement In INDIA
03. Dr. K. Ishikawa : Founder of Quality Circle
04. History of Early 1950's
05. Services Offered By QCFI
06. Tips to Deal With Interruptions
07. Tips to give Good Feedback
08. Benefits of ISO 9001 : 2000 Quality Management System
09. Debatable Points Related to ISO 9001 : 2000 Quality Management System
10. Re-Defined : Quality
11. Job Titles in Quality Field
12. Four Absolutes of Quality Management
13. Crosby's 14 steps to quality improvement
14. Tips to Create Your Own Luck
15. Cost of Poor Quality
16. ISO 9001 : 2000 - List of Records
17. Quality Tips for Winning in Interview
18. Quality Maintenance
19. Overall Equipment Efficiency
20. Quality Terms Related to ISO 9001 : 2000 Quality Management System
21. What are the AUDIT OBJECTIVES?
22. What is AUDIT PLAN?
23. What is AUDIT TEAM?
24. What are the Responsibilities of LEAD AUDITOR?
25. What are the Responsibilities of AUDITOR?
26. What are the Lead Auditor's Activities in ISO 9001 : 2000 Quality Management System?
27. What are the Auditor's Activities in ISO 9001 : 2000 Quailty Management System?
28. What is Role of Auditee in ISO 9001 : 2000 Audit?
29. What are the Desirable Characteristics of the Documentation in ISO 9001 : 2000 Quailty Management System?
30. What are the Working Documents in ISO 9001 : 2000 Quality Management System?
31. What is the Purpose of an OPENING MEETING in ISO 9001 : 2000 Quality Management System?
32. What is the Glamour behind COLLECTING EVIDENCE?
33. How Become the Top : Think Differently
34. What are the AUDIT OBSERVATIONS ?
35. What it mean by the CLOSING MEETING with AUDITEE ?
36. What are AUDIT DOCUMENTS ?
37. What is the CORRECTIVE ACTION FOLLOW-UP ?
38. What are the DESIRABLE ATTRIBUTES of an AUDITOR ?
39. What are the DESIRABLE ABILITIES of an AUDITOR ?
40. Types of Questions to be asked in ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management System
41. What are MINOR and MAJOR NONCONFORMITIES?
42. Examples of NONCONFORMITIES
43. What are the CONTENTS of NONCOMPLIANCE REPORT?
44. Useful tips for an AUDITOR
45. What is RELATION DIAGRAM in ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management System ?
46. A sample check-list for an ADEQUACY AUDIT
47. What is QUALITY and GRADE?
48. QUALITY ASSURANCE : In Detail
49. Angle of QUALITY CONTROL and QUALITY ASSURANCE
EatonWeb Blog Directory